Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Combining your closest family and friends, delicious food, football and wonderful beverages will always make for an unforgettable time.
Preparing for the perfect meal and accompaniments can be a stressful task. This year I have put together a list of great wines and spirits to help guide you through, at least this portion of your shopping list.
First things first, cocktail hour… There is something for everyone on this list and these great choices will surly accompany your hor-d’ourves and pre-meal festivities very well.
- Sandeman Don Fino Sherry (light, refreshing, crisp, dry finish)
- Pernod Liqueur (sweet w/ flavors of licorice, finishes dry, crisp)
- Lillet White (orange, honey w/ bitterness on the finish)
- Chateau Frank Celebre Riesling Cremant Sparkling (refreshing w/ ripe pear flavors)
Next up, your main course… The list below was chosen to cover just about anything you could possibly plan to serve your guests. From turkey, to ham, to lamb and all of your side dishes in between, this list will cover all basis for the beverages accompanying your meal.
- King Estate 2013 Pinot Gris (91pts, ripe apple, pear and melon, dry and crisp)
- Domaine Zind Humbrecht 2013 Gewurztraminer (91pts zesty w/ apricot, grapefruit, melon)
- Joseph Drouhin Macon-Villages 2012 Chardonnay (fresh, light, delicious aftertaste)
- Calligraphy Russian River 2012 Chardonnay (slight oak, kiwi, orange zest)
- Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir (delicious fruit forward w/ hints of chocolate)
- Terres Dorees Beaujolais L’Ancien 2012 (light tannins, brigh acidity w/ raspberry, strawberry flavors)
- 90 Plus Cellars Vacqueyras 2011 (rich, robust, a super-sized Cotes du Rhone)
- Antinori Guado Al Tasso Scalabrone 2013 Rose (aromatic w/ raspbery, cherry flavors)
Lastly, we finish up with our after dinner dessert style sippers… Here is a nice selection to not only enjoy w/ dessert, but also relax and wind down with.
- Knapp Limoncello (bold, zesty, refreshing)
- De Bortoli Noble One (spice, coffee w/ walnut flavors)
- Grahams 10yr Tawny Port (full-bodied, medium sweet w/ a brilliant aftertaste)
- Kelt VSOP Cognac (elegant flavors of vanilla w/ sweet finish)
I hope you found this fun and helpful on your quest to prepare the perfect evening. If you have any questions or need any more recommendations, please feel free to email me directly at email@example.com. Have a very happy Thanksgiving everyone!