Charcuterie boards are the perfect item to serve at get-togethers, dinners and parties, whether it’s a formal dinner party or a casual meeting of friends and family. You can place any selection of meats and cheeses on plates, boards or other serving surfaces. With just a little careful arrangement, you can create something tasty and visually appealing.
A charcuterie board can be served alone as a main dish or as an appetizer. While cheeses and meats are traditional choices, you can also customize charcuterie boards with vegetables, dips and sauces, nuts, fruits and even seafood.
What Wine Is Good With Cheese and Charcuterie?
One reason charcuterie boards are so popular at parties and dinners is because they pair beautifully with wine — but not every wine.
When working on wine and charcuterie pairings, consider the following:
- Acidity: The high fat and salt content of cured meats and cheeses mean a crisp wine with high acidity and citrus will pair well.
- Regionality: Determine where your cured meats and cheeses come from when looking for a wine pairing for cheese and charcuterie. If you have a plate of French cheeses, for instance, look for French wines from the same region. If you have Italian cured meats, consider a red Italian wine.
- Spice: If you are serving spicy cheeses and meats, consider pairing fruity and light wines or spicy wines so the spice is not overwhelmed.
- Variety: Ultimately, wines that pair well with charcuterie and cheese depend on personal choice. Consider serving a selection of red and white wines so each guest can experiment with different pairings and options. You can even arrange a small tasting by serving wine in small tasting glasses.
- Tannins: Bold tannins pair well with smoky, rich pork meats.
When considering food and wine pairing for charcuterie boards, avoid anything with complex notes. The strong flavors of cheese and meats can clash with more structured wines, and anything complex can be overpowered.
Find the Right Cheese and Charcuterie Wine Pairing With Marketview Liquor
Charcuterie and wine pairings give you lots of options for creativity. Ultimately, it is up to your tastes. You can select the wines you enjoy with different meats and cheeses. However, Marketview Liquor makes it easy to find the right wine pairing with cheese and charcuterie, if you want to get it right. Our charcuterie and wine pairing kits take all the guesswork out of choosing and give your guests tastes they can savor. You get quality wine shipped directly to your door with complimentary cheese and meats to pair with it.
If you’re looking for the perfect charcuterie and cheese wine pairing, browse the wide selection of wines at Marketview Liquor or order one of our charcuterie and wine pairing kits for a quick, delicious choice. With Marketview Liquor, you get a large selection of wine and the convenience of online ordering, so you can always plan for your next party or dinner without leaving home. Plus, since Marketview Liquor delivers right to your door, you’ll save time and can put more effort toward making your dinner or family get together one to remember.